Monday 13 July 2009

Home via the countryside

One of the main reasons that I decided to write a blog was to chart some of the "expeditions" that I go on. Large or small, epic or a stroll. The main point is that I go somewhere that I never have been before with my eyes wide open. So far my writings have covered ground that I know very well. Tomorrow as part of my training for the Oxfam Trail Walker event at the weekend I need to get some miles under my belt. As part of my training I have been walking home from the school where I work a couple of times a week since Christmas. This route normally takes me through endless residential streets and the odd ring road. Here and there I do find the odd oasis of nature but mostly it is all the same.

So tomorrow I will walk this route
http://www.mapmyhike.com/route/gb/oadby/544124749529455977

It is a route from the school to my house avoiding as many roads as I can and cutting across country. Who knows what I mights see! Judging from today's weather conditions I may have to take my rain coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment