Friday 1 August 2014

When the journey lay all ahead

This blog started as a non purposeful documentation of my wanderings around and musing at wildlife and nature. However after several years of not updating it my life has moved on and things of great importance now seem insignificant and things of no great significance now seem important.

I have always liked climbing and being in the outdoors. Now I have children I want them to also share in the joy of being out there on the rock and savoring life at its richest. So here is the challenge that I am setting myself. To take my children and climb three technically easy but exposed classic routes.
1) Pillar Rock
2) The Inaccessible Pinnacle
3) The Aaonach Eagach

I am confident that I could climb all three next week. However my children are all under five years old. Though I do not plan to take them climbing these routes just yet, I do want to steer their childhoods so that before I am too old we can climb these together. What this blog will now become is a documentation of the years of training and practice that will go into my kids so that when the time comes we are successful at reaching the summits of these three legendary British climbs.

When the journey lies all ahead you are at the best part of the whole adventure.

Pillar rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment